So.. I went to work (UOB) today to update some ‘critical’ information in the application I was working on. With the recent incident in the university, no one is to go there, except those with special permits.
This incident, if no one knew about it already, featured some vandalisms who attacked the university on Sunday, 13 March, 2011. Thankfully, I was on sick-leave on that day due to cold and a sore throat. Therefore, the university closed its doors, no students, no faculty and no staff to undergo investigations.
I’ve been stuck at home with nothing to do for two weeks until things got better and stable and was finally able to go out and enjoy my ‘open vacation’. Now, don’t get me wrong, it is indeed fun enjoying my free vacation, but it still hurts for what happened there.
People were hurt and injured badly. Sectarianism increased rapidly. Buildings were vandalized. Windows were broken. Cars were smashed. Trust was destroyed. Study was postponed until further notice (I worry for those who were supposed to graduate this semester :().
Back to original topic, as I went back to my office, I had a time limit to work only for an hour. I wasn’t worried as the update I needed to do would take me 5-10 minutes max. Sadly, I messed up the system as “Query Strings” were involved.
I’m not sure if I did mess it up or it was originally messed up and I just found out about it, but bottom line, the site now looks exactly the same with nothing edited :p I basically went there for nothing!
It really annoys me when something is working perfectly on your local machine, but it’s all f-ed up online.. especially when it has something to do with the path.. I hate fixing different versions of the path, one for local and one for online.. ugh..
Anyways, I took a copy of my application hoping I’d be able to install .NET on my personal laptop and work this shit out 🙂